What is Calvary Kids?
At Calvary our children's ministry (Kindergarten through 5th grade) experience safe, age-appropriate environments where they learn about Jesus in a creative and relevant way.
We love to partner with parents to continue growth not only at church but at home as well. We believe that "What happens at home, is more important then what happens at church." -Reggie Joiner
Calvary Kids Mission Statement:
At Calvary Kids, our mission is to help kids build 3 main relationships. Their relationship with others, their relationship with themselves and most important their relationship with God.
To create a safe, loving environment for kids to be themselves while growing in the way of Jesus. And to partner with parents to build a solid foundation of a love of God and an application of His teaching to their daily lives.
CalvaryKids Core Values
- Biblical Truth
- We will teach Bible stories not just for knowledge but to help your child learn how to live a Christ-centered life.
- We will show your child that we value them by getting to know them. We will be present on purpose so the kids will feel known by their leaders. We will also help them to build genuine relationships with each other, themselves and most important with God.
- We know kids are all about FUN! We will strive to make our time together fun, creative, and imaginative so that we are inspiring to your child. We will use a welcoming environment, an amazing curriculum, fun games, and interactive activities to help share about all of God’s unchanging truths
- We will understand our role as a leader and that what happens at home is more important. We will work hard to offer parents useful resource each week to help bridge what your child has learned in church to continued learning at home. We will respect your right and responsibility to raise your child as you see fit.
- Not only do we strive to create a welcoming environment, we strive to create a safe, clean environment as well. We screen, interview and train all volunteers ministering your child. We will follow check in and check out procedures because we strive to protect your child from any harm.
Your First Visit
Here's what to expect when visiting Calvary Kids for the first time:
Head through the building to the back past the sanctuary and look for the ORANGE DOORS, there you will be greeted by one of our CalvaryKids Volunteers who will assist you with registering your child(ren). They will introduce you and your child to their small group leader and give a quick tour and rundown of service and security.
Upon checking in for the first time, we will ask for the following personal information (NOTE: We value your privacy and will not share this information with anyone):
- Parent/guardian name(s)
- Child's name
- Child's birth date
- Home address
- Phone number
- Any special instructions (allergies, special needs) for your children
How check-in works
Before Service: You can check-in your child at our Kiosk. After finding your child’s name in the database, you and your child will be given matching name tags that are exclusive to your family and your visit. Your child will need to wear the name tag portion while you hold on to the matching tag.
After Service: After the service is complete, you will return to your child’s room and show your tag in order for your child to be released back to you.
During Service: In the event that we need to contact you during the service, your child’s identification code will appear on the screen. We ask that you exit the auditorium immediately and look for a staff member or volunteer who will direct you to your child’s room.
If you have further questions concerning our Calvary Kids experience or visiting Calvary Virginia Beach with children, simply click the button below and get in touch with us!